Neurosurgery; Blanchette Rockefeller Neurosciences Institute
Master of Science in Zoology, University of Maine in Orono, ME; Doctor of Medicine, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
Residency Training at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey,
Stereotactic and Functional Fellowship at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA.
Neurocritical Care Fellowship at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
My clinical research interests focus on exploring the clinical impacts of postural instability on people with movement disorders as well as ways to modify or improve postural instability with neuro-stimulation. I collaborate with several researchers at the BRNI to investigate basic questions of human neural functioning across a variety of sensory, motor, and affective domains. I am also interested in evidence-based medicine and applying new and rigorous study design techniques to neurosurgical applications.
- Postural instability in Parkinson disease
- Invasive neuro-electrophysiological monitoring
- Neurological basis of movement
- Evidence based medicine and research study design
- The comparative accuracy of the ROSA stereotactic robot across a wide range of clinical applications and registration techniques.
- A Technical Report of Robot-Assisted Stereotactic Percutaneous Rhizotomy.
- Letter to the Editor. Stereotactic laser ablation for hypothalamic hamartomas after SRS failure.
- An Analysis of Scalp Thickness and Other Novel Risk Factors for Deep Brain Stimulator Infections.
- The use of custom 3D printed stereotactic frames for laser interstitial thermal ablation: technical note.
- Association of the Extent of Resection With Survival in Glioblastoma.
- Journal Club: Neurosurgical Practice Liability: Relative Risk by Procedure Type.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation for the Treatment of Neuropathic Pain Associated With Leprosy: A Case Report.
- Journal Club: The Impact of Body Mass Index on Hospital Stay and Complications After Spinal Fusion.
- Journal Club: National Variability in Intracranial Pressure Monitoring and Craniotomy for Children With Moderate to Severe Traumatic Brian Injury.
- Journal Club: Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Guided Focused Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy for Intracranial Lesions: Single-Institution Series.
- Journal Club: The Epidemiology of Admissions of Nontraumatic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in the United States
- Journal Club: The Impact of Provider Volume on the Outcomes After Surgery for Lumbar Spinal Stenosis.
- Clinical and Pathological Continuum of Multisystem TDP-43 Proteinopathies.
- Evidence of Multisystem Disorder in Whole-Brain Map of Pathological TDP-43 in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- Severe subcortical TDP-43 pathology in sporadic frontotemporal lobar degeneration with motor neuron disease.
- A Prospective Evaluation of an Outpatient Assessment of Postural Instability to Predict Risk of Falls in Patients with Parkinson's Disease Presenting for Deep Brain Stimulation.
- Advanced Needle Coatings for Improved Lumbar Drain Procedure.
- EBM Training: Problem-based Learning in Resident Education.